Citadel Holdings acquires a stake in Seshego Consulting
We are pleased to announce that Citadel Holdings has acquired a 49% stake in Seshego Benefit Consulting, effective from 1 April 2020. The businesses have been working under a cooperation agreement since 2017.
Founded in 1993, Citadel is an industry-leading wealth management firm with offices that span South Africa, as well as having a base in Guernsey, United Kingdom. The company boasts a wide range of local and offshore service offerings, including financial advice, retirement planning, fiduciary, risk planning, foreign exchange and treasury solutions, philanthropy, asset and investment management and corporate solutions. Citadel is a subsidiary of Peregrine Holdings.
Seshego, established in 2005, is renowned for corporate advice on benefits, investments and risk management. The company was adjudicated by Global Pensions UK as the best employee benefits consultant in South Africa for three consecutive years.
This transaction will see the synergies between both companies leveraged as they bring individual and corporate advice under a single roof. Citadel Director, Ian Bishop notes that Seshego was identified as the best fit in the corporate benefits advice space, and will greatly enhance Citadel’s corporate solutions offering to clients. In turn, Seshego’s corporate clients will also have access to Citadel’s expert industry insights, through their asset management division, together with all other services and solutions.
With the acquisition complete, Zeenat Badsha has been appointed Managing Director of Seshego. She takes over from Morné Olivier who will remain involved with Seshego, and he will also be independently focussing on conducting research and developing solutions.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We remain committed to delivering excellent services and look forward to this new chapter.
- July 2020: Seshego Legal Insights July 2020 Prescribed Assets – What do we know?
- July 2020: Seshego Legal Insights July 2020 Section 37C and the rights of the deceased Member’s heirs
- June 2020: Old Mutual Multi-Managers Quarterly Investement Presentation by Monene Watson Forum
- May 2020: Seshego Legal Insights Prescribed Assets Revisited
- April 2020: Seshego Insights National Budget 2020 – Effect on Retirement Funds and their Members
- March 2020: Seshego Legal Insights The Five Coronavirus Shocks – Old Mutual Multi-Manager
- Special: Seshego Legal Insights Your Retirement Fund And The Covid-19 Virus (Corona Virus)
- February 2020: Seshego Legal Insights Section 37C and POPIA